Friday 6 June 2014

Catch-up

Well that last blast of chemo left me pretty floored for a while. While the gastric symptoms had eased slightly(because the oncologist withheld the IV steroids), I felt as if the my life-force had been drained from my body. Even talking was an effort. I slowly and steadily picked up as the days passed until  normality crept in again.
Over these days, my lovely dog became unwell. We were really worried about her. After 4 trips to the vet, a course of antibiotics, a pelvic scan and bloods, we were told she that she would have to go to the vet school for a lumbar tap as they suspected possible meningitis. So poor Lexi was whisked away. We got her home 4 days later. The tap was positive and she has to have steroids until remission. It will take a while for her to recover. As I took her a short walk yesterday, we both looked a picture!  Both of us tired, walking slowly, trying to recover. What a sight! Roll on healthier days.


No comments:

Post a Comment