Friday 12 December 2014

And so this is Christmas...

Blissful ignorance last year!
The Christmas movie is on...we are singing along to the yuletide tunes. It is your typical memory inducing pre-Christmas lazy weekend. As I put up the Christmas tree with the children, I think about my blissful ignorance of the fact that my breast cancer was at this time last year, undiscovered. I had, had the BRCA gene test and was awaiting its results. I felt pretty confident that all would be fine. My Facebook timeline and pictures show my confident disregard for what would unfold. 
If you can't have a laugh at yourself...
Sometimes, when I look back I feel sad for what I have lost. I guess it is a similar feeling for those that look at old pictures to people who have passed away and feel sad that they won't be able to recreate those same feelings of good, old, happy carefree times. My feelings swing from happy to be alive to sad for past carefree times. I'm almost bipolar! Along with my hair and some body parts, I've lost a wee part of the old me. Maybe this is the silver lining. That old me was always grumbling about some ridiculous nothing or another. The new me sports a 'See You Jimmy' hair-do and more of an indifferent attitude. This is definitely a good thing...no not the 'See You Jimmy' part, that is a hair-do unto itself which will tame itself eventually! No, the indifferent part. I always wanted to be more indifferent to the small insignificant annoyances that scratch through most people's minds on a daily basis. I'm not so caught up in being annoyed about less trivial matters and I'm more grateful to the basics of life that we tend to overlook...still breathing being one of them!
Yip! it has been some year. It's time to shake off the old, put my Christmas head on and start thinking about the new...

1 comment:

  1. The Dali lama has such a true view in that saying .....I wish you a wonderful warm Christmas x

    ReplyDelete