Saturday 7 November 2015

A Year of Vegan Living...

It's been over a year now since I became completely vegan...and I'm feeling proud! I haven't looked back, not once...in fact I wish I had made the change a long time ago. I feel great. I love my food now and feel completely satisfied. I'm eating healthily while still able to have some treats. 
Tonights dinner was haggis, sausages, tatties and neeps...all vegan of course! I'm feeling pretty full! One of the main reasons I feel proud is because I overcame any feelings that this lifestyle would be hard to keep up...it isn't at all! And I have managed to make the swap over fairly easily. I have my regular main meals that I cook such as stir-fries, various curries (such as satay, katsu, masala), pasta, salads, and I love soups. And as I said, I don't go without a treat...vegan ice cream is to die for!
I'm in various vegan groups in Facebook and they are great for helping you to feel part of a new emerging force and community.  We share supermarket finds (most of which are unhealthy, accidentally vegan goodies!), places to eat, places to avoid and information about the vegan community.
There is a great deal of misinformation out there. Some people even say that being vegan is unhealthy...I find this utterly alarming that people can be so naive but some of that is to deliberately mislead and confuse. I can quite firmly say that a vegan (or plant based) diet is most definitely the most healthy way to eat. As I looked for a good source from nutrition facts.org  about this there were so many (videos) to choose from I couldn't so just go there(Links to NutritionFacts.org) 
Another reason that I am proud is because by becoming vegan, I have drastically reduced my carbon footprint...something I used to feel that I wanted to make more effort to do and by changing what I eat I save...
...that's a lot isn't it? 

Anyway, why eat this...

when we don't need to, when we can save a sentient animal's life and feel happier and healthier and avoid the animal fat, cholesterol, hormones,  manure,  pus, growth hormones, antibiotics and parasites.
Anyway, here's some pics of my vegan dinners...and yes they tasted great!










No comments:

Post a Comment