Friday 25 July 2014

Reclaiming normality
So the school holidays have begun and thankfully I'm starting to feel like my old self again. I have been busy doing things that are more in line with normality.
I had nominated my sis as baton bearer as part of the run up to the Commonwealth Games and she was running her 200 metres last Saturday in Bearsden. We had to be up pretty early to get ready and be over in Bearsden for 8.30am. I hadn't told Anita that I would definitely be there so it was a nice surprise to be calling her on from the side of the road as she ran past in her high heels (my sis loves shoes)!
It has also been wonderful having great days with the kids, more so because of the days that I missed through feeling rotten. The weather has been fantastic (unusual for good old Scotland) and so we have been to the beach lots, to the skate park and meeting up with friends for walks and picnics. 


Fun in the sun!







With regards to health, I'm starting Tamoxifen shortly. To be honest, I am not happy that I will be on long term medication. I am advised that to try prevent recurrence, I need this drug. I know that it is probably for the best, but it is hard to put more drugs into my system. Hopefully, I will not notice any side effects. I can only wait and see and ensure that I learn as much as possible about the medication.
Click on the link -Tamoxifen Info

What I am happy about however, is that I am moving steadily towards my 'veganisation' and loving it. I have borrowed some vegan recipe books from the library to get some inspiration for new meal ideas. And as usual I am still doing my usual research on the whole subject of health and diet.
Only today, one of my new FB friends who regularly posts and campaigns about nutrition posted a link from the Guardian regarding the poultry industry. It is an eye opener. Here it is...
Click on the link-_So you like chicken?

I also came across an excellent lecture on YouTube from Dr Michael Greger, 'Uprooting the Leading Cases of Death'  This American MD is also an author and professional speaker. This lecture is scientific, educational, inspiring and amusing. I urge you to watch it. It explains how animal products damage our health, leading to the top causes of death in the West. He also explains why medical and government institutions are not telling the public about this information. There was a great deal of information about diet, exercise and cancer outcomes...you can tell I was inspired!
Click on the link- Uprooting The Leading Causes of Death

No comments:

Post a Comment