Wednesday 8 October 2014

Hello October


The nights are fair drawing in! I'm sad to see the end of warm days and light nights, but this October will be busy so I'm hoping to ease in to Autumn without too much of a fuss.
Autumn is a beautiful season. I love the sunny, cold, crisp days where I can go for walks bundled up with jumpers, hats and scarves. They give you a chance to say goodbye to summer before the shorter, darker, wetter days of Winter make you want to curl up in doors until Spring comes around again. It won't be long.
The month started off with an unexpected visit to see "The Full Monty" at the King's Theatre. It was great...and very funny! I was even at the pub beforehand where after one glass of wine, I was anybody's! That's what happens when you stop drinking for so long. I really need to get out more often!


I also popped in to see rehearsals for my sister's fab musical "Your Disco Needs You". I was really impressed. Even though the limelight isn't something I crave, I felt envious that I wasn't one of the cast. Rehearsals looked very enjoyable, sociable and the cast looked like one big happy family.

 It isn't long now until the show is on for real. I'm really looking forward to it. I'm told it will be a roller coaster for the emotions, a mirror on reality and a great chance to raise some breast cancer awareness. I'm bringing my hanky!
Have a look at the web page it is really interesting...
YDNY website

This month also sees my daughter's 7th birthday and my son's 10th birthday party (his birthday was last month). The years pass by so quickly. I'm grateful to be here experiencing each one. You know that your perspective on life has changed when you pray to see many more birthdays and each hug is gratefully shared while you silently acknowledge that you just don't know what is round the corner of each new day.

No comments:

Post a Comment