Tuesday 15 April 2014

Side effects

Bleurgh! It's day 7 post chemo and instead of starting to enjoy food I'm still pondering what I can eat that won't make me feel rotten. My GI tract feels raw. I've added ranitidine to my daily cocktail to see if it helps. I might even have to do the unimaginable and contact my GP for a prescription of something or another (I rarely go to GP). I'm annoyed. I want to be stuffing my face with all sorts of lovely food and instead I'm staring vacantly at my cupboards wondering what foods are likely to do least damage. I was looking at some of the chat forums on the Macmillan site to see if anyone else was feeling the same, maybe there was something simple that helped them. Sadly I was surprised at how many people just accept and tolerate a whole host of chemo side effects that maybe they shouldn't be. I don't want to be the the same so I guess I had better go and call someone.

No comments:

Post a Comment