Friday 25 April 2014

Never forgotten

I took a short trip today to say Happy Birthday to a dear old friend. We couldn't have a coffee, or a long overdue chat, or a cry on each other's shoulder for she sadly passed away 8 years ago after a battle with breast cancer...sadly the cancer won. 
I wouldn't normally visit a grave. My personal belief is that my friend wouldn't be there...her energy is somewhere else...maybe watching over us or reviewing the lessons of her past life..maybe even living again, another life. But I did go to that grave, I felt compelled. It was her birthday and I needed to mark the day in some way. This year being of significant importance due to my own breast cancer diagnosis. I wanted her to know I was carrying on the fight!
It's hard to believe it's been 8 years since I last saw her. Her death deeply affected so many people especially her close friends and her family.  She was a good person, always ready to help others. Beautiful inside and out. We had known each other since we were five years old. Time could pass us by, but when we met, it was as if we had seen each other just the day before. Friends like that are hard to come by... I miss her every day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment