Thursday 28 August 2014

Done!

Yesterday morning I walked in to the Beatson Radiotherapy Treatment Room H for the last of my sessions. It was a great and positive feeling to come to this point. I did it!
Today is the start of the rest of my life. Yes, I still have some surgery to go through, but I see those as recovery events which will help to keep me healthy and cancer free.
I am not a victim of cancer. In fact, I am grateful for the lessons I have learned. I am grateful for the wonderful body and health that I have and feel. I am grateful for each beautiful day that I am here on this planet to see and be with my wonderful family. I am grateful for all the lovely things that have manifested in my life. I am grateful for the gorgeous friends that I have, those that I have met during this journey and for those that will be part of it in the future. I am grateful for the experiences that have taught me to let go of the small, insignificant fears that keep us in the past or worrying about the future. So, I guess, as difficult as the experience was, I am grateful for my wake up call to see the silver lining that was always there, even when I couldn't see it.
And yes, it is all a bit soppy...so here is my sister's ice bucket challenge to give you a little giggle!

Click on the link - Neet's Ice Bucket Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment