Friday 15 August 2014

The road to health

The road ahead
So today I went out on my first run since January and all this nasty business of feeling bad...and it felt great! I ran and did some walking too so that Lexi could sniff every blade of grass. Three and a half miles. Surprisingly, it felt relatively easy. It didn't feel like I had been through what I had for the last eight months. Sure, my muscles will be a bit sore tomorrow...but it's a good sore...a sore that reflects that I'm on the road to health again.
It was also a great day as I met up with friends and their children for a picnic before the schools go back and we all continue in our routines which restart once the holidays are over. Or should I say ahead instead of go back? Ahead to the new academic year...ahead to a fresh start...ahead to a recovered me.

No comments:

Post a Comment