Friday 28 February 2014

Pathology

My consultant says I bully her! I refused a drain to remove some fluid in the wound...It's all normal stuff but I've been invaded enough and the fluid will go away itself in time. Wound check and pathology. The words invasive and aggressive are still hanging in the air. They sound scary, but she reassures me that for someone my age to go through cancer, this is expected. Chemotherapy and radiation are discussed. I am so not looking forward to it.

My sister's roped me into an article for the Daily Record. My sister loves the limelight. I tend to shy away from it, but it will give us a chance to highlight the importance of gene testing and regular self checks...the joys of cancer!

1 comment:

  1. yes so important to make others aware by sharing our story. gene testing especially - people are just not aware this test is available on nhs to those that are high risk. they need to know it can help them monitor their own situation more effectively and may save their life.

    ReplyDelete