Monday 17 March 2014

Countdown...

I've been getting ready for D day...explaining to my children that the 'nasty' medicine will be given to me on Wednesday so that they too will be prepared for mum looking like crap! I've got my new 'hair' ready for the swap over. My teeth have been checked and my heart has been given a once over...all is looking good...I couldn't be healthier! Huh! How annoying that the big C came knocking on my door!

A good distraction through this though, is the exciting musical that my sister has written and is currently crowd funding to put on stage in October. The musical is called "Your Disco Needs You". It uses the music of Kylie to tell an excellent feel good story to promote breast cancer awareness and to raise funds for the 3 cancer charities that Anita feels passionate about. Anita has even managed to get Kylie's choreographer, Tim Noble, to choreograph all of the dancing for the show! It sounds great but it will take a lot of hard work and some investment through the crowd fund so I really hope that if anyone is reading this blog that they will donate (even a £1) and share the cause on their FB pages or websites to help carry it off.

1 comment:

  1. thanks sis. but the musical will be a celebration for you that it is all over!! and you are truly a survivor! x

    ReplyDelete