Tuesday 4 March 2014

Oh no, not her again!

Those are the words that the medical staff will probably say when they see me before too long! I'm one of those 'difficult' patients...and proud of it! I attended my first oncology appointment today, to discuss future plans and set it all in motion. The oncologist seemed a nice guy but I'm not sure how he took it when I said that I don't want any ports or catheters and I didn't want a specific drug. He looked slightly lost for words as he discussed all about meta-analysis research and blah, blah (I won't bore you). I guess at the end of the day my aim is to be as informed and proactive as possible. I believe if you have to be poisoned with toxic drugs or any drug for that reason you should find out why, what it does, research to support it's use/nonuse. So many people are told that they need to be on specific drugs for the rest of their lives when a change to lifestyle and diet is all that is required. I want to be responsible for my own health thank you...not the health of the big pharmas bank balance.

On a more positive note (she says, climbing down from her soap box), my pelvic ct was clear...yeah! And my breast care nurse is supportive and professional. She is great at making me feel that she is on my side at every appointment I attend..thanks!

1 comment: